Monday, April 04, 2011

the kisses alone don’t work



"there are two ways to reach me, by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. but there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don’t work." -Anais Nin-


i am a person that has high highs and low lows. i am always growin emotionally and I'm very aware of everythin that i go through and that I experience personally. i'm always learnin somethin about myself, whether it's a good or a bad thing, that i need to work on. a lot of things make me sad. sometimes it's almost easier to be sad. but you do end up finding a balance and i think that as i get older i am learning what i can do for myself to make me happy.

always behave like a duck. keep calm and unruffled on the surface, but paddle like hell underwater.

anticipation leads to heartbeats, heartbeats lead to hope.

and then my soul saw you and it kind of went "oh there you are."

my heart keeps tellin me hold my breath. you'll never learn a thing if you bail out now.

wait. but don't wait too long. work hard. but don't forget how to play. sing loudly. but don't learn all the words. wonder. but not so much that you lose yourself. read magazines. but read more books. love.

when I put my arms around him, i felt the blushin blood run through my cheeks and an eeriness surrounded when his tongue began to speak and said, "you are beautiful."

this is how it works :: you're young until you're not. you love until you don't. you try until you can't. you laugh until you cry. you cry until you laugh. and everyone must breathe until their dyin breath. no, this is how it works :: you peer inside yourself. you take the things you like and try to love the things you took. and you take that love you made and stick it into someone else's heart. pumpin someone else's blood. and walkin arm in arm, you hope it don't get harmed. but even if it does, you just do it all again.

you’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won’t tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. and you feel like you’ve done somethin terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you’re tired. you’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and you’re tryin not to tell him that you love him, and you’re trying to choke down the feelin, and you’re tremblin, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart takin root in your body, like you’ve discovered somethin you don’t even have a name for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

lovely cupcakes